This recipe is from my new book BEAT CANCER KITCHEN: Deliciously Simple Plant-Based Anticancer Recipes, in stores now!
Pear and Pomegranate Salad with Maple Ginger Dressing
Hearty, sweet, roasted pears, pomegranate seeds, toasted pecans, and ginger maple dressing over a bed of spicy arugula. Are you drooling yet? This show-stopping artisan salad will delight your taste buds.
Bring this fun festive dish to holiday gatherings and it will be the hit of the party, I promise!
-1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
-2 tablespoons maple syrup*
-1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
-1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
-4 medium Anjou pears, cored and cut into thirds
-Juice of 1 medium lemon
-2 cups loose-packed baby arugula
-1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
-1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
-1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Combine the ginger, maple syrup, vinegar, olive oil, and salt in a Mason jar and shake until all the ingredients are mixed.
3. Toss the pear slices in a medium bowl with lemon juice to prevent browning.
4. Place the pear slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Transfer the warm pears to a large platter and garnish with arugula, pecans, pomegranate seeds, and shallot.
6. Drizzle with the Maple Ginger Dressing and serve.
*Maple syrup contains antioxidants and anticancer polyphenols such as quebecol and ginnalins, which have been found to inhibit the growth of several types of cancer cells. The darker the syrup, the better.
Share your pics of my book or this recipe on social media and tag me @chrisbeatcancer #beatcancerkitchen :)
BEAT CANCER KITCHEN is a beautiful full-color cookbook with plant-based (vegan friendly) recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus soups, salads, juices and smoothies galore! There’s a section with potent anticancer recipes for healing and a section with recipes for healthy living and prevention.
There are anticancer nutrition factoids sprinkled throughout the book and most importantly, the recipes are all super yummy and super easy to make! :)
You can get BEAT CANCER KITCHEN from your favorite local bookstore (they need our support!) or get it from one of these online booksellers:
I've interviewed over 60 people who've healed all types and stages of cancer. Check them out here. Or use the search bar to find survivors of specific cancer types.