This recipe is from Beat Cancer Kitchen: Deliciously Simple Plant-Based Anticancer Recipes.
Imagine warm spaghetti squash right out of your oven, stuffed with chunky tomato sauce, carrots, onions, peppers, white beans, and celery, and garnished with roasted garlic cloves, fresh parsley, and savory spices… It can all be yours tonight.
This recipe is so easy. It’s 100% plant-based and 100% delicious!
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
-3 small spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeds scraped out
-2 medium heads of garlic, top 1/3 cut off
-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
-2 medium celery ribs, sliced
-3 medium carrots, sliced
-1 medium white onion, diced
-1 medium green bell pepper, diced
-One 8-ounce package cremini mushrooms, sliced
-One 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
-One 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes
-One 15-ounce can cannellini beans with liquid
-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
-1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or Bragg Organic Sprinkle
-1 tablespoon champagne vinegar or red wine vinegar
-Chopped parsley and No Harm Parm (recipe below), to garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. Place the spaghetti squash and the garlic, cut side up, on a large, parchment-lined baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
3. Bake for 30 minutes, during which time you may make the sauce.
4. Place the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the celery, carrots, and onion and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the bell pepper, mushrooms, diced and crushed tomatoes, beans, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, and vinegar until the mixture heats through.
6. Once the spaghetti squash and garlic are baked, hold the hot squash with tongs and carefully scrape the flesh away from the skin to form a mound, keeping the skin intact.
7. Divide the sauce among the cooked squash in the skins. Really pile it on!
8. Serve warm, garnished with parsley, No Harm Parm, and some roasted garlic cloves.
No Harm Parm Topping
-1/2 cup hemp hearts
-1/2 cup nutritional yeast
-1 teaspoon sea salt, crushed
-1/8 teaspoon granulated garlic
-Zest of 1 medium lemon
Share your pics of my book or this recipe on social media and tag me @chrisbeatcancer #beatcancerkitchen :)
BEAT CANCER KITCHEN is a beautiful full-color cookbook with plant-based (vegan-friendly) recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus soups, salads, juices, and smoothies galore! There’s a section with potent anticancer recipes for healing and a section with recipes for healthy living and prevention.
There are anticancer nutrition factoids sprinkled throughout the book and most importantly, the recipes are all super delicious and super easy to make! :)
You can get BEAT CANCER KITCHEN from your favorite local bookstore (they need our support!) or get it from one of these online booksellers:Beat Cancer Kitchen: My New Recipe Book, Deliciously Simple Plant-Based Anti-Cancer Recipes Get it on Amazon here Beat Cancer Daily 365 Days of Inspiration, Encouragement, and Action Steps to Survive and Thrive Get it on Amazon here
I've interviewed over 60 people who've healed all types and stages of cancer. Check them out here. Or use the search bar to find survivors of specific cancer types.
I also created a coaching program for cancer patients, caregivers and anyone who is serious about prevention called SQUARE ONE. It contains the step-by-step strategies used by myself and everyone I know who has healed cancer with nutrition and natural, non-toxic therapies.
(((c)))Chris Beat Cancer is reader-supported. If you purchase a product through a link on this site I may receive compensation from the affiliate partner (like Amazon). Your support helps fund this blog and my mission so my team and I can continue to do the work that we do. Thank you!